News and Announcements
In light of the continued extreme cold weather event we are experiencing, there will be no Sunday GKHAT training. Temperatures are forecast to be -20 or below in the morning and are not forecasted to warm up until mid afternoon. Sorry GKHAT families, but Mother Nature is winning the battle this week.
Hello GKHAT families,
Due to EXTREME WINTER TEMPERATURES forecast for Saturday, the Cookie Cup will not go ahead as planned this weekend. We are looking at temperatures forecast to be as cold as -34 with wind chill on Saturday. At this point, all programming for Saturday will also likely be canceled. Friday and Sunday programs will go ahead as of now, possibly with a later start time on Sunday. Please watch your email or GKHAT on Facebook for further updates and information.
The board is working on other (inside) activities for Saturday, possibly at a small cost. We will keep you updated as those details are worked out.
The club social at the Winston (3 pm Saturday) will go ahead. We may as well all commiserate together.
We appreciate your patience as we adjust to the joy of changing weather conditions! Boo.
The Black Dogs have made some changes for the Nancy Greene event on Feb 2/3.
If you have registered, please be aware of these changes and check with us if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook).
- The race was originally scheduled for Feb 2 and 3. It is not only being held on Feb 3.
- It is still for U8, U10, and U12 athletes.
- It will be a GS race only.
Some families are still going to attend Saturday to free ski. We are assessing this for coach attendance and we are checking with Black Dogs for the use of their gates for training.
Again, due to the timing of this change, please be sure to check your email, the gkhat.ca website, and Facebook for communications.
Hello GKHAT families,
Here are a few reminders that you should be sure to be aware of. These have deadlines, so be sure to review them!
1. Deadline for signing up for U12/14 Kimberley Zone race is Sunday Jan 13. Please sign up here.
2. A reminder for ordering GKHAT hoodies and hats. Please place your order via this link.
3. Deadline to sign up for Kimberley Nancy Greene Festival is Sunday January 20. Please sign up here.
4. Please remember to sign your athlete up for the Cookie Cup and pick a volunteer position. Here’s the signup for that. Remember, we really need a good number of tail-gunners, especially for the younger groups.
Thanks for taking care of this.
In this issue, we cover:
- First week back
- IMPORTANT!!! Waivers
- Mini GKHAT
- Tailgunning schedule
- January Social
- GKHAT Swag
- Selkirk Sports 5 Tune punch card deal
- Race planning
- GKHAT race schedule
- Summer Camp 2019
- Coaches Corner: Mackenzie Gamble and Arielle Schleichkhorn
Once again, A big thank you to Jill Cunes for initiating this and putting it together.