News and Announcements


Hello GKHAT Families,

Nancy Greene Race

Our Nancy Greene Race for all our athletes is quickly approaching and we need your help. Please check our signup list here and 1. Let us know if your athlete WILL or WILL NOT be participating and 2. choose a position to help out with.

Yes. Please do complete the form regardless of whether you are or are not coming.


We are placing a GKHAT team jacket and pant order for the 2019/2020 ski season. Descente has given us preferred pricing on team jackets and pants. The quality of this ski wear is of the highest outdoor quality giving our athletes the best performance gear and our families the ability to re-sell a great quality product to club members in the future. This order is geared towards our U8-U16 athletes (as our U6 athletes will continue using our GKHAT vests).

Please follow this link for order, pricing and sizing information. Contact Rhondda Siebens at if you have any questions.

Deadline for this order is tight! (March 1).
For images of the jacket and pants, please refer to the email campaign sent out using this link . Unfortunately, TeamPages does not support images embeded here.

Minor Schedule Changes

As you all know, the weather certainly has not cooperated with us over the last couple of weeks. So after some discussion, GKHAT will be offering one make up weekend for the Saturday and Sunday groups. Please keep in mind that due to budgeting and scheduling, we do not typically do this. That said… We’re doing it!

Here are some changes as a result of that decision:

  • The makeup weekend will be on Mar 24 and 25. Needless to say, Saturday for the Saturday group, Sunday for the Sunday group, and both for athletes signed up for both.
  • This causes impact on the original dates for the March break Camps. We will offer two March break camps, the first one March 19, 20, and 21 and the second one March 27, 28 and 29. Visit this link to sign up.
  • Follow this link to sign up for the camps.

One last quick reminder. Don’t forget to sign up for the other up coming events such as the Ski Cross event in Fernie and the Whitewater U12/14 Zone race. For all events and sign up, please check the calendar on our website at



We’re sending out the January newsletter. If you don’t receive it, feel free to check it out on our website Here’s a direct link to it

In this issue, we cover:

  • Important Change
  • Mini GKHAT and Tail gunning sign up
  • AGM
  • Cookie Cup
  • GKHAT Nancy Greene Race
  • Season Race Schedule
  • Selkirk Sports 5 Tune punch card deal
  • Summer Camp 2019
  • Coaches Corner: and Glenn Hansman

Once again, A big thank you to Jill Cunes for initiating this and putting it together.



In light of the continued extreme cold weather event we are experiencing, there will be no Sunday GKHAT training. Temperatures are forecast to be -20 or below in the morning and are not forecasted to warm up until mid afternoon. Sorry GKHAT families, but Mother Nature is winning the battle this week.



Hello GKHAT families,

Due to EXTREME WINTER TEMPERATURES forecast for Saturday, the Cookie Cup will not go ahead as planned this weekend. We are looking at temperatures forecast to be as cold as -34 with wind chill on Saturday. At this point, all programming for Saturday will also likely be canceled. Friday and Sunday programs will go ahead as of now, possibly with a later start time on Sunday. Please watch your email or GKHAT on Facebook for further updates and information.

The board is working on other (inside) activities for Saturday, possibly at a small cost. We will keep you updated as those details are worked out.

The club social at the Winston (3 pm Saturday) will go ahead. We may as well all commiserate together.

We appreciate your patience as we adjust to the joy of changing weather conditions! Boo.


The Black Dogs have made some changes for the Nancy Greene event on Feb 2/3.
If you have registered, please be aware of these changes and check with us if you have any questions ( or Facebook).

  • The race was originally scheduled for Feb 2 and 3. It is not only being held on Feb 3.
  • It is still for U8, U10, and U12 athletes.
  • It will be a GS race only.

Some families are still going to attend Saturday to free ski. We are assessing this for coach attendance and we are checking with Black Dogs for the use of their gates for training.
Again, due to the timing of this change, please be sure to check your email, the website, and Facebook for communications.